Sunday, May 22, 2011

Modern Day Marilyns: Bebe Bardot Photography



"I don't mind living in a men's world as long as I can be a woman in it." Marilyn Monroe


Bebe Bardot Photography transforms the modern day girl into starlets of the 1940's and 1950's. Photographer Anke Michaelson and Makeup and Hair Artist Kristina Persson have teamed up to create photos inspired by the confident, beautiful, and strong portrayal of women during the era of pin-ups and silver screen. Bebe Bardot Photography is based on the North Shore of Staten Island. Their work encompasses the styles of Pin-up, Glamour, and Boudoir.


I was honored when Anke asked me to be a model for their new exhibit, "Modern Day Marilyns", which took place at Marie's Gourmet on Staten Island. Modern Day Marilyns is a series of photographs of local Staten Island women who have been transformed to capture the classic beauty of the 40s and 50s. I have always had a love and appreciation for the 1940's Hollywood Glamour era. So, it was no surprised that I was elated to find out that my shoot would be based on that exact concept. I want to thank Anke and Kristina for inviting me to participate in this amazing event and for giving me the opportunity to channel my "inner Marilyn."


Learn more about Bebe Bardot Photography by visiting their website.

My 1940's inspired Glamour shot




Anke Michaelson (Photography and Photo Editing) and Kristina Perrson (Makeup and Hair)