Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Journey Continues... Miss Liberty 2011

Hello everyone! I am so honored to be back representing the five boroughs! It has been four months since I crowned my Miss Richmond County successor. And to be honest with you, I have missed this job of being a titleholder. Tonight I was given the opportunity to pick up right where I left off by competing in the Manhattan and State Sweeper Pageants.

I started the day with the Manhattan Sweeper...and performed my absolute best! Congratulations to the first set of titleholders:
Miss Southeast NY 2011: Amanda Mason
Miss Manhattan 2011: Mallory Hagan
Miss New York City 2011: Hannah Wright

My determination kept my spirits high as I got refocused and competed in the State Sweeper. For me the stakes are different than most; this is my last year of eligibility in the Miss America Organization. So it was clear that this was one of the only opportunities left to go to Miss New York. In the end my perseverance paid off as I joined the Miss New York Class of 2011! Congratulations to my fellow sister queens who also endured a long day of pageantry:
Miss Metropolitan 2011: Tara Szczepanski
Miss Greater Gotham 2011: Nardeen Bilan
Miss Liberty 2011: Kimberly Cantoni
My crowning moment with Claire Buffie, Miss New York 2010
My first walk as Miss Liberty 2011

Miss Greater Gotham 2011: Nardeen Bilan
Miss Liberty 2011: Kimberly Cantoni
Miss Metropolitan 2011: Tara Szczepanski
The winners with the judges

Claire Buffie, Miss New York 2010
Amanda Mason, Miss Southeast NY 2011

Maria DeSantis, Miss Staten Island 2011
My wonderful and supportive family
Staten Island girls: Maria, Shreya Jain (Miss Staten Island's Outstanding Teen 2011) , and Shelley Jain (Miss Staten Island's Outstanding Teen 2010)
There was one more pageant taking place today. Congratulations to Chelsea Prophet who was crowned Miss Greater Rochester 2011!

I am looking forward to this new adventure and excited to see where it will take me. Check in throughout the week to see what I have been up to prior to becoming Miss Liberty 2011!