Sunday, June 12, 2011

Where my journey began...

That's me at the Richmond County Fair with Kristina Ferraro, Miss Staten Island 1994. This is where my journey in the Miss America Organization began. I have had the privilege to grow up in an environment full of service, scholarship, style, and success. I was enamored by every new Miss Staten Island; I looked up to these women as the big sister I never had. Miss New Yorks and Miss Americas also became my role models, traveling every year to Watertown, NY and Atlantic City, NJ to witness the crowning of a new queen. These were my role models as a child. And I always hoped that one day I could also be a role model to the younger generation.

Part one of my dream came true when I was crowned Miss Staten Island 2009. It became clear to me that God had big plans for me as I became Miss Richmond County 2010 and Miss Liberty 2011. These past three years have been a dream come true. It is an honor to say that I have represented my hometown for three years. There were so many opportunities granted to me that without these titles I never would have achieved them. As I reflect on the week ahead, understanding that this will be the last time I compete for Miss New York, I visualize my past three years as successful ones. I am excited to compete in my hometown for the last time, ending the journey where it all began. It has been a privilege to have held three amazing titles and represent the greatest city in the world! I am the woman I am today because of the Miss America Organization. My gratitude extends to everyone who has been a part of my journey. So here's to the continuation of my journey. Because for me this is not the end. It's only the beginning.